English | دری

Government suspends bidding on magnetite and marble stone mines in Kandahar

in Afghan Business

Government suspends bidding on magnetite  and marble stone mines in Kandahar

Kandahar Governor Dr. Humayun Azizi announced on Tuesday that the bidding process and contract signing for two precious stone mines have been suspended due to insecurity in the area.

Addressing a weekly meeting with the government officials and Provincial Council members, Dr. Azizi said the contract and bidding process for magnetite stone mine in Khakrez district and marble stone mine in the Shah Walikot district were suspended due to deteriorating security situation.

He assured that work on the projects would resume as soon as law and order was restored.

Meanwhile, Mine and Petroleum Director Eng. Khan Aqa said a ten-year contract of fluorite mine, situated in Nesh district of southern Kandahar, had been signed.

According to sources, Kandahar is home for 30 deposits of different natural resources such as fluorite, chromites, gold, marble, iron, magnetite, zing, coal and highly precious and semi-precious stones.



Related Articles

Afghanistan participates in Azerbaijan IT exhibition for the first time

Afghan industrialists participated in the 19th Azerbaijan International Telecommunication and IT Exhibition and Conference for the first time in this

European Union funds fruit quality center in Balkh province

A center for measuring fruit quality has opened in Balkh province with financial collaboration from the European Union. Costing USD

Afghan Finance Minister meets EU special envoy

Afghan Finance Minister Eklil Hakimi met Franz Michael Melbin, European Union (EU) special envoy and head of the EU delegation

No comments

Write a comment
No Comments Yet! You can be first to comment this post!

Write a Comment

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*