Over 4,000 families benefit from 15 completed infrastructure projects in Nangarhar
With 10% community contribution, the National Solidarity Program (NSP) of the Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD) has completed building 15 utility projects in the Khogiany district of Nangarhar province.
According to them, the project has a price tag of AFN 16,485,879 (USD 287,259) and has built the way for 4,240 families to gain access to basic human needs. These include a 916 meter long protection wall, a 2,145 meter rural road, a 400-meter sidewalk, 35 wells equipped with hand pumps, 12 culverts, and an irrigation canal with the length of 540 meters.
According to reports by the NSP, the organization has spent up to AFN 2,902,370,506 (USD 50,572,652) to date implementing 3,818 uplift projects in such various sectors as irrigation, power, transport, water, sanitation, livelihoods and education.
Gas dealers in southern Kandahar province have urged the Afghan government to halt the smuggling of liquefied gas to Pakistan.
Residents of the Sancharak district of northern Sar-e-Pul province pooled money to construct a 4-km road after the district municipality
Afghan presidential election campaign officially kicked off on 02 February 2014 and ever since printed promotional materials of the candidates
- 1,655 tons of Kandahar pomegranates exported to Pakistan and India October 20, 2016
- USAID sponsors exhibition of Afghan products October 18, 2016
- Promoting evidence-based decisions to improve maternal health October 17, 2016
- $179 million UAE funded housing project to be inaugurated in Kabul October 16, 2016
- Afghanistan to soon open a consulate in Hyderabad, India October 14, 2016