7 super hit movies rejected by Kajol
Having won six filmfare awards, Kajol is an iconic Bollywood actress.
She is also known for her on-screen chemistry with Shahrukh Khan and has given many blockbuster movies together like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham.
Here we bring you the list of 7 super hit movies rejected by Kajol.
1. Shakti: The Power is a 2002 film directed by Pasupuleti Krishna Vamsi and starring Karisma Kapoor, Sanjay Kapoor and Nana Patekar in the lead roles and features Shahrukh Khan in a supporting role. The role was initially offered her role to Kajol, but she rejected it so Karisma Kapoor was signed instead and it was considered to be one of Karisma Kapoor’s best performances.
2. Chalte Chalte starring Rani Mukherjee and Shah Rukh Khan was a big hit in box-office. Kajol was first signed for the role but she rejected the offer and later Rani Mukerji agreed to take over the role and save the film.
3. Kajol was initially offered the role of Maya Talwar. When she refused, due to her prior commitments with Yash Raj Films’s Fanaa, the role was passed on to her cousin Rani Mukerji, who was supposed to play Preity Zinta’s part
4. Dil To Pagal Hai is a musical romantic film directed by Yash Chopra starring Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixt and Karisma Kapoor. The film depicts the love lives of the dancers in a musical dance troupe. The role of Nisha was first offered to Kajol but she rejected as she stated that she cannot dance and she doesn’t want to do a supporting role. The role of Nisha was then offered to Karisma Kapoor and she agreed to take up the challenge and was finally signed for the role.
5. 3 Idiots is a comedy-drama film co-written, edited, and directed by Rajkumar Hirani starring Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor, R. Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Omi Vaidya, Parikshit Sahni and Boman Irani. The role of Kareena Kapoor in 3 Idiots was first offered to Kajol. But Kajol refused the offer as she wasnot happy with the role. The film broke all opening box office records in India. It was the highest-grossing film in its opening weekend in India and had the highest opening day collections for a Indian film.
6. Veer-Zaara is a romantic drama film directed by Yash Chopra starring Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta in the leading roles. Kajol was first signed for the lead role opposite Shah Rukh Khan but Kajol refused and the role was played by Preity Zinta.
7. Mohabbatein is a musical romantic drama film directed by Aditya Chopra starring Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh khan in pivotal roles, along with six young debutantes. Aishwarya Rai appeared in flashbacks as Khan’s lover. The role of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was first offered to Kajol, but she refused due to some reasons and the role went to Aishwarya Rai.
Salman Khan has been replaced by Saif Ali Khan in Judwaa 2, which will go on floors sometime very soon.
Looks like Katrina Kaif is following Aamir Khan’s footsteps. We hear that, just like aamir, the actress too is showing