Shahrukh completes 23 years in Bollywood
Shahrukh Khan, the King Khan of Bollywood, has completed 23 years in Bollywood.
His first movie, Deewana, was released on 25th June, 23 years ago.
Over the two decades of his career he has transformed himself from the boy-next-door to the dapper King Khan.
We bring to you some interesting facts about this superstar:
- Naam to suna hoga: Shah Rukh is named Rahul in nine of his films, including Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001), Chennai Express (2013) etc. He is called Raj in six films including Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman (1992), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaenge (1995), Chalte Chalte (2003) and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008).
- Khauff-nak khan: He played negative roles in six films, namely Darr and Baazigar (1993), Anjaam (1994), Duplicate (1998), Don (2006) and Don 2 (2011).
- (Im)mortal lover boy: In 16 movies, SRK’s character dies. They are, Baazigar (1993), Darr (1993), Dil Se (1998), Devdas (2002), Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003) etc, or is reborn — Karan Arjun (1995), Paheli (2005), Ra.One (2011).
- Big Daddy: He co-produced 14 movies, including Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani (2000), Mai Hoon Na (2004), Om Shanti Om (2007), Ra.One (2011) and Chennai Express (2013).
5.One man show: He has had 226 nominations across popular Bollywood awards, and has won 207 of them. He won the best actor award 29 times.
- On the small screen: He has been a part of seven TV shows, including his TV debut, Fauji (1988). He was later seen in Circus(1989), and he also hosted popular quiz shows, Kaun Banega Crorepati (2007), Kya Aap Panchvi Pass Se Tez hain? (2008) and Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout (2011).
- A friend indeed: From Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega (2000), Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye (2005), Heyy Babyy (2007) to Bhoothnath (2008 and 2013), Shah Rukh has done 26 cameos.
8.Debut dilemma: His debut film was Dil Aashna Hai, but due to the delay in the release of the film, Deewana is considered to be his debut film.
- Home, sweet home: One of the reasons why Shah Rukh bought Mannat — his palatial bungalow in Juhu, Mumbai, was that he wanted to have an exclusive prayer room. He’s been quoted as saying that if he was broke, he would sell everything but Mannat.
- Southern sojourn: While we all know about Shah Rukh’s love for Delhi, not many known that he spent his childhood in Bangalore, where his grandfather worked as a chief engineer.
- Love from alma mater: When his college, Hans Raj, celebrated its golden jubilee (1998), the college gave away 17 shields to its alumni who had excelled in their lives, and Shah Rukh was one of them.
- Anything for Adi: He agreed to act in Aditya Chopra’s debut film, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaenge (1995), without even looking at the script.
- Monumental earning: His first salary was `50 which he earned by working as an usherer at a Pankaj Udhas concert in Delhi in the early 80s. He used the money to take the train to Agra and see the Taj Mahal.
- Pyjama prem: He makes sure his sleeping pyjamas are freshly-ironed every night because he believes that “one never knows who one may meet in dreams.”
- Pet stars: His favourite actor is Dilip Kumar, and his favourite actresses are Mumtaz and Saira Banu.
- Filmy bribes: In school, his Hindi was very poor. His mother promised to take him for a movie if he passed his Hindi exams. Teenager SRK loved watching movies, and began to score top marks in Hindi then onwards.
- Old habits die hard: SRK has a phobia of riding horses, and never eats ice-creams.
- Jodi kamaal ki: Actor Juhi Chawla is not only a partner of his production house, but also a co-star with whom he has acted in the maximum number of films. They’ve appeared in 11 films, including Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman (1992), Darr (1993), Yes Boss (1997), Duplicate (1998), Bhoothnath (2008) etc.
- Lucky charm: The number plates of all his cars read 555. Shah Rukh is superstitious about numbers and believes that the right numbers bring him good luck.
- Dhaba time: During his struggling days before he entered showbiz, Shah Rukh ran a restaurant in Dariya Ganj.
- Movies calling: The prime reason why Khan took up Mass Communications (film making) in Jamia Milia University, Delhi, is because he loved watching television commercials.
- Being salesman: The actor sold tickets at the booking window of a Mumbai theatre on the opening day of his 1994 film, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, directed by Kundan Shah. He was paid Rs 25,000 for that film.
All the John Abraham fans… We have some awesom news for you people. John has confirmed his wedding with girlfriend
Sanjay Dutt made his first acting debut with the box office hit ‘Rocky’ in 1981. Sanjay Dutt got addicted