English | دری

Kandahar Revenue for the 1st Quarter of Fiscal Year Crosses USD 4 million

in Afghan Business

Kandahar Revenue for the 1st Quarter of Fiscal Year Crosses USD 4 million

Kandahar Mayor Mohammad Omar told a press conference on Saturday that the provincial municipality’s revenue had gone beyond USD 4 million during the 1st quarter of the current fiscal year.

The Mayor said that the majority of the revenue came from a township called Aeno Mina.

Mahmood Karzai, President Karzai’s brother, and his partners won the 10 acres of land on which the township was built after an open bidding process.

In the New York Times recently a report was published which said that the land originally belonged to the Ministry of Defense. The report accused Mahmood Karzai of using MoD funds on the residential scheme, an allegation Mahmood denies. Mahmood claims that he has purchased the land from the municipality.

According to Omar USD 93 million had been invested on the construction of roads, parks, footpaths, canals and others. The township has brought in USD 6 million in tax to the municipality budget over the past three year. He is looking forward to another USD 35 million that would be earned from the scheme and transferred to the municipality account in the near future.

The mayor urged traders and investors to come forward and build townships for people.


Tags assigned to this article:
Aeno MinaAino MinaKandahar

Related Articles

USAID signs MoU with Ministry of Justice to improve access to services for Afghan people

In Afghanistan, traditional dispute resolution (TDR) mechanisms remain popular among citizens due to their low cost, accessibility, and community trust

Female Entrepreneurs Changing the Narrative About Afghanistan

Afghanistan’s first private business incubator, Startup Valley, has graduated its second group of 22 female entrepreneurs.  The new graduates are

1 month deadline to Afghan telecom firms for collecting unregistered SIM cards

The Ministry of Telecommunication and Information Technology (MTIT) have given a month-long deadline to telecom firms for collecting unregistered SIM

No comments

Write a comment
No Comments Yet! You can be first to comment this post!

Write a Comment

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*