Yet another report on Afghanistan's corruption unveiled

in Afghan Business

Yet another report on Afghanistan's corruption unveiled

corruption 2A report by the Afghan Independent Media Consortium (AIMC) and 8am Newspaper has revealed extensive corruption and misuse of power within Ministry of Refugees and Repatriations (MoR&R).

Confirmed by the High Office of Oversight and Anti-Corruption, the report lists sale of key positions within the Ministry, transfer of money to the private bank accounts of the Minister, embezzlement in salaries of employees and funds of the Ministry as the massive corruption cases taking place in the Ministry.

Meanwhile, the Ministry has denied the accusation and said a committee would be formed to investigate the charges.

“Our initial reviews show that 90 percent of these allegations are not true. The remaining 10 percent where they claim that they have evidence in the form of documents, a committee will be formed to investigate the charges,” Tolo News quotes Islamuddin Jurat, the spokesman of the MoR&R.

Afghan Parliamentarians reacted strongly and demanded a probe into the charges.

Reports as such put Afghanistan’s future at stake, as they indicate the failure of the government to tackle corruption. Continuous assistance of the world community depends on the Afghan government’s efforts in curbing corruption that still remains rampant within various government institutions.



Related Articles

Improved irrigation canal to benefit over 7,500 people in Taloqan

Afghan authorities and the Afghan-German Cooperation signed a contract for the reparation and rehabilitation of the Gurg irrigation canal in

Afghanistan Central Bank calls for proper maintenance of bank notes

Afghanistan’s central bank, Da Afghanistan Bank, announced on Monday that shabby banknotes will no longer be valid start of the

Sayed Saadat Mansoor Naderi, winner of the peace through commerce award

The Afghan entrepreneur, Sayed Saadat Mansoor Naderi, was officially awarded the Peace through Commerce award for 2012 by the United

No comments

Write a comment
No Comments Yet! You can be first to comment this post!

Write a Comment

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*

cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china Cheap eBooks Buy eBooks Online Discount eBooks Cheap eBooks Buy eBooks Online Discount eBooks Cheap eBooks Buy eBooks Online Discount eBooks cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china cheap nba jerseys from china wholesale nba jerseys from china discount nba jerseys from china